02 October 2006

Arrows in Tokyo

I had a gig in Tokyo this weekend. The first thing I had packed was the camera. I'd be free on the Sunday, so I thought of going to Nikko for another photo project. Nikko is a small town of unusual temples about 2 hours by train north of Tokyo and a popular weekend retreat for Tokyoites.

The weather didn't co-operate so I decided to cancel that. It rained most of the day and at first I was a little annoyed by the bad luck. Then while taking the subway, something caught my eye. It was nothing more simple than an arrow on the floor.

Before long I saw another arrow, and then another, and decided to make a project out of... arrows. Soon all I could see were arrows, everywhere. I rode the subway looking for them, until it was time to take the shinkansen back to Osaka.














No comments: